New Enrichment!

November 11th, 2017 by Diana

We thought the chimpanzees should get something new and exciting since we raised more than expected on Giving Day for Apes…

6 Responses to “New Enrichment!”

Oh don’t stop, I could watch that all day long. How intriguing seeing each chimps reaction to the jumbo mirror — Burrito’s especially (melted my heart!), with his pal Foxie reaching out to him. What a great gift. Every day should be Giving Day for Apes. They are so deserving.

2. Jo Lathrop says:

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!! Just a wonderful wonderful idea and you guys ROCK as usual!! Hugs to you all….

3. Karen and Don says:

Awesome gift! I had no idea chimps could recognize their own imsge! Thanks for the education. This is such a cool gift!

4. elaine reininger says:

You people never cease to amaze me with your creativeness. Seeing Burito kissing his image brought out a loud “aw-wwww” from me. Whoever thought of that idea should get a bonus in their paycheck this week.

5. Francoise Vulpe says:

Great stuff! What a gift. It will be interesting if it will be something of a novelty or that they will return to again and again. Do you plan on keeping it up all the time?

Do you also use sound as part of enrichment? When they were moving the mirror, I thought what they would think if it made a sound when moving, like bells or something, that dissipated as the movement slowed.

• Diana says:

We do plan to keep it up, so, yes it will be interesting to see how they interact with it over time. We might move it around to different places for novelty. This particular pre-made mirror did not have sound incorporated, but we do have other enrichment that includes sound.