The Perfect Photo

August 5th, 2017 by Diana

Foxie is off the charts lovable. Her affection for troll dolls is endearing. Her ability to get even the very serious Jamie to cut loose is admirable. Her willingness to step in and give a reassurance hug to any chimpanzee who needs it during a conflict is brave. Her goofiness is contagious. Her habit of rubbing her toes together when she’s happy? I mean, really.

Foxie

When she spit a full mouthful of water directly in my face today, my first thought was, “I could not love you more.”

10 Responses to “The Perfect Photo”

1. Shirley Nelsen says:

What a lovely post! They all are! But this one really impacted me! I then think of all the babies who were taken from her.

2. Julie says:

This post just makes me happy.

3. Jo says:

A sign of affection?? Mischievous? Wanted a reaction? She’s adorable to be sure and I’m sure she doesn’t know how that is for humans. Wonder if you know her motivation tho……. Hugs to all

• Diana says:

She was playing with the spitting. She often spits during play and just to see what kind of a reaction she will get. In general, spitting is not always play, but with Foxie it usually is. It was a hot day, so it was somewhat refreshing. 🙂

What a wonderful tribute to Foxie….. and you too Diana. Your love for Foxie is touching (face full and all!) I am looking forward to her birthday on Tuesday! A day for pirouettes and celebrations.

5. Elaine Reininger says:

A deeper insight to the character of Foxie was given in your post, Diana. I do love Foxie so mjch, I did before I read your words and now I love her even more. But like Jo, I do wonder what the face full of water meant. Maybe you are her favorite caretaker and that is how she let you know since she’s not allowed to touch you.

6. Chris says:

Gives new meaning to … Here’s spit in your eye! 🙂 I’m wondering…do the chimps ever spit on or at each other or do just the caregivers get the honor? 🙂
    PS. That is quite a perfect photo of Foxie…

7. Chris says: