How to get away with anything

June 16th, 2017 by J.B.

Burrito has seen a lot in his 34 years – he was born in a laboratory, raised as a pet, shipped off to a circus, and then put back into Hepatitis vaccine research for two decades. But perhaps his biggest challenge came when he was finally able to join a social group.

Chimpanzees who were raised by humans typically struggle to fit in with other chimps. It’s like being dropped off in another country where you can’t speak the language and don’t understand the laws.

Because of this, Burrito is always getting in trouble with his group mates. But with a face like this, and the ability to turn on the charm when necessary, no one can stay mad for long.

7 Responses to “How to get away with anything”

1. Nicole Moore says:

Works for me. Love you Burrito, I believe in you.

2. Jo says:

I simply can’t have a favorite, they are all too adorable, but IF I did, it might be him ~ such a handsome guy!! Hugs to you all!

I had a strange and difficult day today. Especially so at my my favorite shelter with my favorite boy who has been awaiting adoption for a spell. And then I read your post. I realized that good things come to those who wait, just like Burrito. Can’t believe how fortunate he is to have landed at CSNW where he is so deeply loved and appreciated for who is. He is so lucky. Burrito inspires hope in me for all who are awaiting their chance for a new life. Who better to be the poster boy of hope, right?!

4. Barbara says:

Love you Burrito.

5. Pauline says:

What a beautiful happy looking face

6. Arlene and Michael says:

He’s beautiful

7. Liz says:

How could you not love him he is adorable. After all he went through in his earlier life you can understand why he struggles at times but he has a loving family (chimps and humans) to keep an eye on him